• All students of State of New Jersey and New York City of Grades 6 to 12 can participate
• Auditions will be held in April 2014 and May 2014 at Colonia High School, Colonia, NJ.
• All students will register for this Annual Music Competition and participants will be responsible for
all rules and policies to adhere to.
• All instruments are allowed for performance and no vocal pieces are considered at this time (except drums)
• Only individuals will perform on the piano or an instrument of choice and no groups are allowed
• No more than 2 pieces can be played at one sitting and no longer than 15 minutes as an
allocated time slot.
• Prizes are categorized for each grade; only 1
• Participants will receive honorary recognitions with a plaque of certificate and no cash is
distributed to participants.
• Venue for the competition will be chosen shortly either in New York City or the Prudential Art
Center in Newark NJ.
• Deadline for registration is March 31
• Tickets for this event will be sold via stubhub or ticketmaster.
• Corporate grants and sponsoring of candidates can be allowed to participate with a contribution
of no less than $25,000 for an individual from any State or City but within the age group.
• Pieces cannot be longer than 6 minutes and can be extended at the request of the judge prior to
the performance for grades 6-9 only.
• No more than 2 pieces will be played at the competition for grades 10-12. Time cannot exceed
more than 12 minutes in all.
prize is a purse of $2,000 and the second prize is a purse of $1,000. A consolation prize of $500.
Graders 6 and 7
Graders 8 and 9
Graders 10, 11 and 12.